Monday 2 March 2015

Cartoon & Comic Arts In Germany Erlangen

Cartoon & Comic Arts In Germany Erlangen


While attending a meeting about London Road Festival in Stoke, I ended up talking to a couple of people about Cartoon & Comic Arts at Staffordshire University. Much to my surprise they mentioned they had returned from Erlangen in Germany, A town which Stoke-on-Trent is twinned with, where they heard about a Comic Salon.

I had little joy with my initial inquiries with Stoke City Council, but thanks to Local Councillor Andy Platt he managed to find me a contact in Erlangen Peter Steger. Peter works in the international development office of the Erlangen Council. His job is to make links with cities across the world and develop links and cultural exchanges.


Peter organised all the contacts during my visit as well as wined and dinned me.Below are some of the places that Erlangen is twinned with from the US to China.



Below is a picture of me with the team who organise the Comic Salon. Volker Holzmann and Katja and the artist Roger Libesch and jury member Herbert Heinzelmann.



My selfie with Volker Holzmann the main man who runs the comic Saloon 



Some of the artwork from 2014 Comic Salon, which the delegation gave to me to put around the cartoon Studio.









No comments:

Post a Comment