Monday 10 January 2011

New Year.. New Ideas





A New Year has started an I've been sitting at home filling up sketch books left right and centre!

Above is an image I sketched a little off the back of "Primeval" the ITV series. I wanted to do something similar but  I was calling it "Time Holes" and it is basically a story of all these strange creatures that you've all heard of, from the Loch Ness Monster to Big Foot & the Yeti, how come they keep getting reported and yet no one has ever managed to capture one. This is one of the ideas that they may have come through a time hole and then escape back into them.

Above is some rough sketches I did for the Loch Ness Monster and how they were going to try and capture it!

The cast is made up of a young woman who is a zoologist, a Doctor type character who is the brains and a military guy (mercenary) whose is the unknown, we don't really know whose side this character is on as he is in the employment of the mad bad character whose aim is to create a zoo in which these creature will reside.

I know it is a bit of a rip off, but sometimes you've got to just start to do something to get your creative juices flowing and also give me a bit of practice, drawing and in layout. I'm basically experimenting in public here. The one things I don't actually like is the use of boxes in which you have to work, so I seem to spend most of my time reverse engineering the boxes as I'd rather draw the image unhindered by space. I suppose if this was in the real world, I'd draw free hand and then scan the image and scale it down to fit into a box!



No comments:

Post a Comment