Monday 25 February 2019

My 24 Hour Comic Challenge Attempt

My Comic 

it is still a work in progress. But I was posting about it every few hours to let people know what I was doing. A lot of the idea was based on Scott McClouds book "Understanding Comics" but I added a bit more research as I wanted it to be basically illustrated notes for a lecture I did. It is based on Understanding where comics initially evolved from and the thinking of where this might lead us. After 14 hours I failed as my back went, but I do hope to finish it and get it printed to accompany my notes!


Below is an example of some of the pages that I posted online as an idea about what I can do to make comics and include them in my lecture.


The opening page/Cover.  


This is the initial idea to try and challenge peoples preconceptions about what comics are and where they can be found. 
One of the things that I've been wanting to do for a long time, is try to recreate some of the old Hogarth/Gillray political art from the 1800's - these are my rough attempts and hopefully the new ones will be shown in a later blog. 



No comments:

Post a Comment