Thursday 24 January 2013

Experimenting with Colour

Experimenting with colour. 



Here is one of the comics that we are hoping to sell at the London Super Comic Con in February. This is the cover of Tom Stephens "Bloody Code" which is a political story of murder set within and around the Houses of Parliament. I particularly like the line work which gives the comic a more wood line cut feel to the work. Some of the attention to detail in the Parliament building is outstanding and it certainly is worth a read. Its fun just going back through the comic and trying to spot the main villain once you read it!



I had a go at rejigging the cover, Tom doesn't use colour much and I was trying to convince him that a splash of colour can add something to a picture and make it stand out. I'm not sure how successful I was in convincing him, but you can see my idea of what I think he should do with his cover to make it stand out more. 


I'd like to know if people have on opinion? One way or another?

No comments:

Post a Comment